Russo on Energy LLC is an expert in FERC hydropower relicensing of existing projects and licensing of new projects. We work jointly GZA GeoEnvironmental Inc, who specializes in dam safety and environmental analysis of dams and hydropower projects.
Russo on Energy LLC can assist developers seeking a FERC preliminary permit to study the feasibility of hydropower projects. We also provide independent assessments to investors and developers on the risks associated licensing large conventional and pumped storage projects through the FERC process.
Russo on Energy LLC and GZA GeoEnvironmental offer a complete relicensing or original licensing package to developers. This includes
- Preparing Applicant's Agency Questionnaire,
- Pre-Application Document (PAD),
- Applicant-Prepared Environmental Assessment and
- Draft and Final license applications for projects
Exceptional Expertise in Hydropower
Russo on Energy is thoroughly familiar with the the environmental requirements for hydropower projects required by FERC.
As a former FERC regulator, Tom Russo, our founder, is a well respected National Hydropower Expert and former Manager and Senior Energy Industry Analyst at FERC and familiar with the Federal Power Act and associated NEPA regulations. He has authored and advised organizations on the following topics:
- Energy Chapter of the Handbook of Environmental Assessment by Blackwell Publishing
- Contributed to the preparation of "Considering Cumulative Effects under the NEPA' by the President's CEQ
- Advised the World Commission on Dams on lessons learned on licensing U.S. hydropower
- Managed hundreds of environmental assessments of proposed and existing hydropower projects
- Worked with hundreds of agencies and NGOs
Russo on Energy is also familiar with:
- Sections 4e, 10a and 10j of the Federal Power Act,
- Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act and the Coastal Zone Management Act,
- Numerous federal statutes dealing with the Endangered Species Act, Wild and Scenic Rivers Act and National Historic Preservation Act
- America' Water Infrastructure Act of 2018
Questions? Contact us or call 703-375-9482.